"K" Revealed

About Me

Hello! My name is Kaye Celera Revil, welcome to my page! My posts here are mainly on my being any of these- an obedient daughter to my loving parents; a mother to four wonderful children; a wife of a faithful public servant; an Atenean lawyer; the initiator founder of Victoria in Lege Sorority of Ateneo Law; a university scholar and alumna of UP Diliman; a Sigma Deltan; a businesswoman who delights in making other people beautiful; a fashion and food lover; a Filipino Bikolano Masbatenyo who loves Masbate, the Philippines and its people; and a passionate Christian who seeks to live a life that honors God and make a difference. Hope you'll enjoy reading my posts! Feel free to follow, like and subscribe! =)
God bless.

"K" Revealed

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Winning Time

Just saw this photo from Chictopia's site, you can check out the details here--> http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/563386-Chictopias+Week+of+Giving+Winners-bubble-gum-chictopia-week-of-giving-contest-accessories) 28 Dec 2011


I joined a contest at Chictopia and I won! Yipee! It's winning time!  Here's my entry, please feel free to check it out--  http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/554015-Real+Life+Foundation-romwe-dress-coach-bag-gap-sandals-moms-bracelet-beads-etc-necklace




 Due to the support of friends and fellow Chictopians, I garnered the most number of Favorites, thus entitling my entry to win. With that, Chictopia will donate to my chosen charity- The Real Life Foundation.
You can check all the other entries and corresponding ranks here-- http://www.chictopia.com/contest/Chictopias-Week-of-Giving/favorites With my win, I got entitled also to offer discounts for Romwe.com to friends. That is because the dress I wore was from them. I received an email from Romwe last night giving me discount coupons for purchases at their online store. Let me know should you want to avail of the discount so I can send you the code.  Also, the more followers, viewers and likers I get in this blog, I would be entitled to get more freebies and discounts from different shops which I would be glad to share to you too. So hopefully, I can always get your support. I want you to know that I am really grateful for all the love that you show me, I really appreciate it a lot,  thank you so much! If you haven't yet liked this, feel free to press LIKE here--

I am thankful for all those who support my blogging by checking out my posts, subscribing, liking or sharing it at Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites.

Now let me share with you through these photos what happened with me during that day when I made the entry at Chictopia. 



My children participated at this event. I brought them to school.

(bracelets from my mom)

(necklace made by my niece Dimple Revil)


(tadahhhh... the mommy look) =)


By the way, it was also a privilege to have been featured at the Home Page of Chictopia for having been an Editor's Pick. This is separate from the contest. It was more of because of the write-up made. You can check it here--   http://www.chictopia.com/editorspicks

Here's the write-up of the photo entry- 

"The thought of being able to donate at least $1 to a charity by uploading an entry here is already enough motivation for me to join the contest. This is the first time I am joining one so I am really thrilled about it too. I hope you can help my urge to give a donation for this advocacy by making my photo entry a favorite. Thank you so much for the support! I am most grateful. =)
First, since this is Chictopia, let me talk about my outfit post. If you happen to read about my blog here before, I said something about not ever experiencing buying stuff online yet but that it doesn’t mean that I won’t ever give it a try. Indeed, due to all the influences I got from here, I tried online shopping and bought this dress at Romwe.com Click Here! . They have really nice stuff, glad to have discovered it here at Chictopia. Since I live at a Tropical Country- the Philippines, it’s mostly a sunny and hot day around here, so floral and summer outfit never get out of season for us, most especially in the Province where I come from- Masbate, which is an island. As for the accessories, most of them are from my mom, who got them from her recent trip to Europe. Charity begins at home as they say, and in this case, I am my mother’s recipient. =)The necklace is DIY by my very creative niece- Dimple. She made it and to support her venture, I have become an avid fan.
I especially chose wearing this outfit for this entry because I feel it looks natural, simple and most importantly it has a sentimental value for me. All that I’m wearing are “Firsts”. From the dress which is my first dress bought online, first item bought from Romwe too. The accessories from my mom are from her First time visit to Europe and my necklace is the First necklace that my niece made. My sandals and bag are from my First time trip to the US with my husband when he was granted a scholarship by the US State Department to join the International Visitor’s Leadership Program. All expense paid by the United States Government. Awesome!
Anyway, as for my chosen charity, this one is closest to my heart- the Real Life Foundation. I am an advocate of education for the youth. As our Philippine National Hero Jose P. Rizal once said “The youth is the hope of our nation.” I believe that for them to be that, they have to be equipped with the knowledge and wisdom that they can get from being educated. Real Life Foundation is a social and educational advocacy with a vision for transforming lives, families & communities through education. They especially give scholarships to the underprivileged youth. To know more about this charity group visit their website Click Here! or their Facebook account Click Here!
My photos by the way were taken at JZSES- my very own alma mater, a public elementary school in our Province. This is to emphasize that Education is an advocacy closest to my heart. The bracelet I’m wearing if you can check it out has a heart and a key. It symbolizes my heart for this advocacy which for me is a key for progress which our Country especially clamors to have.
I hope you can help me give a donation for this advocacy by making my photo entry a favorite. Thank you so much for the support! It really means a lot to me and most especially for those who can be sent to school if this entry wins."


Now, these are my two beautiful girls- Joeanne Vienyc "Jovi" and Jorin Viktoria "Bavick".

 

 It was their first time to join scouting and they were really excited about it. 


Their bonding as sisters have now went beyond the comforts of our home. For now they shared something they really treasured in their memories- the Girl Scout Camping. Here they were able to show their concern for each other a lot. From the simple preparation of the things they brought to their preparing their meals and eating them together and making sure that they are both safe. They told me how they learned to apply the Girl Scout Motto of always being prepared and that of the value of independence.


I didn't stay for long at their school, after taking these photos I left. 



Jovi with her troopmates

Bavick with the Star Scouts (youngest girl scouts)


As I left the school, a smile was in my face. I was nostalgic of my childhood days too. I remember how life was as a simple child. It reminded me also of how time slips away fast. It used to be me who was a student in this school, now my children are the ones I bring there. It used to be me with my friends and classmates joining the Girl Scout activities, now I am still joining, but not anymore as the child but the mom. Oh how time flies!

Let me end with this short poem I made...


Winning Time
(28 November 2011)
by Kaye Revil

Time is precious, time is gold
We must always be foretold
 Use it wisely, even nicely
Serve and lead for God's glory


Conquer this, conquer that
Never this, never that
Choice is ours, Life is His
Live it for Him, don't be amiss


Many things can unfold
Time can tell, time will tell
But with Him, all is well
We are His through His mold


Time runs fast, the dye may be cast
So all our days, choose Him always
Lean not on our own understanding
But on Him- the all encompassing.

I hope you like it! Thank you.


If you want to share this post with others, you can press LIKE here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"K" Revealed